Travel to and from the Meeting
Locations mentioned below are indicated on the EEID Conference Map.
- All major airlines serve Detroit-Wayne Metro Airport (DTW). DTW is located about 40 minutes from Ann Arbor by car. To get from DTW to Ann Arbor, there are city buses, shuttles, taxis, and limousine services.
- Airport Bus
- The Michigan Flyer is a bus route offered by the Ann Arbor Transportation Authority. This is the least expensive option for travel to and from the airport. Advance purchase is not required but is available at a discounted rate; make advance purchases by visiting michiganflyer.com. Those staying at the dorms should ride to the Central Campus Transit Center. Consult the EEID Conference Map for directions.
- Airport Shuttle
- Select Ride Must be arranged in advance. Approximate cost: $37 one way, $64 round trip. Discounts are given for multiple passengers. Tel: +1.734.535.1805
Crown Ride Must be arranged in advance. Approximate cost: $48. Tel: +1.734.239.2222
- Metro Cab has metered service from DTW. Taxi fare to Ann Arbor is $50-60.
- Metro Cars offers un-metered limousine service from DTW. No prior arrangements are necessary.
- Rental Cars
- All major companies have a counter at DTW.
Checking into the dormitories
Each dormitory has a front desk.
If you arrive when the front desk is staffed (normally 8am to 10pm), call the desk clerk on the silver phone by dialing 4-2130 (or call +1.734.764.2130 on your own phone), identify yourself, and mention you are with the EEID meeting. The clerk will come to the door to let you in and give you keys and other materials.
If you arrive when the desk is closed, page the on-duty staff by dialing 6-5266 on the silver phone (or +1.734.936.6266). Listen for the computer voice to say: "Please dial the Page ID number", then enter the 5 digit pager number "36258". Then listen for the computer voice to say, "ID #36258, status 2 on page, please dial your call back number, then press the pound sign". Enter your call-back number and press the pound (#) sign". Enter the number of the silver phone, followed by the # sign. The computer voice will repeat the number you have entered. It will tell you to dial star (*) if you want to correct the callback number. Once you have put in the correct call-back number, hang up and remain by the phone until the on-call staff person comes to let you in.
These instructions will be posted outside the dormitory.
In case of need, you can dial the campus police non-emergency line at 3-1131 (or on your phone, +1.734.763.1131). As usual, the phone number for all emergencies is 911.